Meatloaf & Stuffing Casserole Recipe: This Budget Recipe Is Not Diet Food (But It's Delicious) by 30Seconds Food
Sometimes you just need something hearty, filling and with flavors that remind you of childhood. This easy stuffing meatloaf casserole recipe delivers! Not only do you get a tasty meatloaf in a bite, but also stuffing that many of us grew up eating. This ground beef casserole recipe is sure to please the family.
The bottom layer of the casserole is meatloaf that's made with ground beef, breadcrumbs (plain or seasoned will work), dry onion soup mix (use both envelopes in the box) and cream of mushroom soup. The ground beef mixture is pressed into a casserole dish. Ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and onion powder are stirred together and spread over the ground beef before it is baked in the oven for 30 minutes. While the meatloaf bakes, prepare a box of Stove Top Stuffing according to package directions. The stuffing is the top layer of the casserole. Bake for about 15 more minutes and it is ready to serve.
Use whatever flavor stuffing mix you like (we like the cornbread or savory herb varieties). Serve this budget casserole with a fresh vegetable or salad for a hearty, comforting dinner. The leftovers reheat well for dinner or lunch the next day.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 box (2 ounces) dry onion soup mix (like Lipton Onion Soup and Dip Mix)
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 box (12 ounces) stuffing mix (like Stove Top Stuffing), prepared according to package directions
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup. Press the mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, stir together the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and onion powder. Pour the mixture over the ground beef and spread to coat evenly. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 30 minutes.
- While the meatloaf bakes, prepare the stuffing mix according to package directions.
- After the meatloaf has baked for 30 minutes, spoon the stuffing over the top. Continue to bake about 15 more minutes.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.