15-Minute Creamy Garlic Shrimp Recipe: A Mind-Blowing Seafood Dinner by Donna John
It was the photo of this shrimp recipe that first caught my eye. The creamy shrimp made my mouth water. The shrimp were served over crisp, buttery French bread slices. In the middle of a diet and reducing my carbs, I almost scrolled past it until I thought how delicious these creamy shrimp would be served over mashed cauliflower. Wow! So glad I stopped scrolling!
Large shrimp are seasoned with smoked paprika, ground cayenne or crushed red pepper flakes, and garlic before being pan-seared in clarified butter (or regular butter). Heavy cream, lemon zest and lemon juice are stirred in. The sauce thickens while the shrimp finish cooking. The whole process takes less than 5 minutes.
This creamy garlic shrimp recipe is on the table in about 15 minutes. The longest part of this seafood recipe is cleaning the shrimp. I bought shrimp already de-headed and shells split so they were much faster to clean.
Serve this garlic shrimp for dinner over mashed cauliflower, mashed potatoes, rice, grits or even egg noodles. Or, you could serve it over skillet-toasted French bread slices like in the original recipe. Shrimp toast, anyone?
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- dash of ground cayenne or crushed red pepper flakes (I used crushed red pepper flakes)
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter or regular butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- This shrimp recipe can easily be doubled to feed four.
- Use only raw shrimp for this recipe. Save the precooked frozen shrimp for another day.
Here's how to make it:
- Mix the shrimp with the smoked paprika, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic in a bowl.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet. Put the shrimp into the skillet in a single layer. Cook over high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the heavy cream, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring, until shrimp are cooked through and sauce has thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.