Baked Garlic Lemon Chicken & Potatoes Recipe: Save This Easy Dinner Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Baked chicken is such an easy weeknight meal. But baked chicken dishes are also great for company or weekend meals with family. This garlicy baked chicken recipe with potatoes and lemon is so full of flavor, you are sure to be asked for the easy recipe.
A mixture of olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, fresh thyme, oregano and parsley is whisked together in a large bowl. Chicken legs or thighs (or your favorite chicken pieces), potatoes and lemon wedges take a bath in the seasoned olive oil and are then put into a baking dish. The chicken bakes in the oven for about 40 minutes or until it is cooked through (165 degrees F internal temperature) and the potatoes are tender.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 bone-in chicken legs or thighs
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cut into chunks or baby potatoes, left whole or cut in half
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Lemon Juicer
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Mixing Bowl
- If you don't have fresh herbs, dried herbs could be used instead. Just reduce the amount to about half (always use less dried herbs than fresh in recipes if substituting).
- You could throw in a head of garlic that you've cut in half if you want to roast some garlic while this chicken dinner bakes. Rub the soft garlic flesh on pieces of toasted bread. Delish.
- Squeeze the roasted lemon wedges over the chicken and potatoes for even more flavor.
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, oregano and parsley in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken, potatoes and lemon wedges. Toss to coat. Put the chicken, potatoes and lemon wedges into a baking dish. (Add any remaining olive oil mixture to the pan, too.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 36.1g
Saturated Fat: 8.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 18.5g
Dietary Fiber: 2.2g
Total Sugars: 1.1g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.