Chicken Nachos Casserole Recipe: A Healthier Mexican Casserole Recipe by 30Seconds Food
When you think of nachos you probably think of gameday snacking or an appetizer before the big Friday night Mexican dinner. But we want you to think of it as a hearty budget casserole that your family will devour. This easy baked chicken nachos casserole recipe is simple to prepare and cooks in less than 20 minutes.
The casserole starts by seasoning boneless chicken breasts with salt and black pepper and cooking them quickly in a skillet. Fire-roasted tomatoes, kidney or black beans, chili powder, ground cumin and garlic power are added and cooked for a few minutes to cook off any moisture and blend the flavors. The chicken is poured over tortilla chips in a casserole dish, sprinkled with cheese and baked until melty and bubbly.
Serve this chicken casserole recipe with guacamole, salsa, refried beans or cilantro-lime rice for a complete dinner. The leftovers reheat well for leftover night.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) fire-roasted tomatoes (drained)
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans or black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- baked tortilla chips
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned and just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the drained tomatoes, beans, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Reduce the heat and simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Line the bottom of a casserole dish with tortilla chips. Top with the chicken mixture and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Casserole Dishes $8 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Fire-roasted Tomatoes $2 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Kidney Beans $1 & Up
Black Beans $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.