Healthier Homemade Peppermint Patties Recipe (Yes, Please!) by Beth Aldrich, CHC, AADP, CNT
Love peppermint patties, but hate that they're not good for you? Here's a healthier version you can whip up anytime you have a peppermint patty craving.
Make this easy candy recipe whenever that sweet tooth hits, or make a batch for a fun food gift. Store the patties in a cool place or in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1 - 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 - 1 cup chocolate chips (you can use sugar-free chocolate chips)
Here’s how you make it:
- Blend coconut oil, honey, mint and optional food coloring together to form the inside of mint patties. Mix well.
- Refrigerate the filling while you heat up and melt chocolate chips.
- Form the filling into patties. Spread the chocolate over the filling or dip them into the chocolate. Allow to harden.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Coconut Oil $6 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Peppermint Oil $5 & Up
Green Food Coloring $3 & Up
Chocolate Chips $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.