Crispy Vegetable Egg Rolls Recipe: On the Table in 30 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
There's nothing quite like a hot crispy fried egg roll. We love our crispy pork egg rolls, but sometimes you want a vegetarian option. This easy vegetable egg roll recipe is a cinch to make and is the perfect side dish for any Asian meal or as a snack any time.
The egg roll filling is made with sesame oil, fresh ginger, garlic, cabbage, carrots, green onion, soy sauce and a little sugar to balance everything out. The filling is wrapped in an egg roll wrapper and then quickly pan-fried until crispy, golden brown. If you prefer to bake your egg rolls, bake them on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes, flipping once.
You can also freeze these egg rolls for later. Once the wrapped egg rolls are completely cool, put them onto a baking sheet and freeze until firm, then pop them into freezer bags. The egg rolls will be fine in the freezer for up to two months.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage, carrots and green onions. Cook about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the soy sauce and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Put the mixture into a bowl and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the vegetables down the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold the egg rolls up.
- Heat about 1/2 an inch of oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the egg rolls and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the egg rolls over and continue to cook another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to paper towels. Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
Photo (egg roll rolling): Taste & Tell
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Egg Roll Wrappers $4 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.