Cajun Cake Recipe: This Ultra Moist Cake From Louisiana Is Insanely Delicious by 30Seconds Food
Cajun cake is a moist (super moist!) cake that was born on the bayou in Cajun country. You can find this cake all over Louisiana. The Cajun dessert is so moist because of the coconut pecan topping that soaks into the hot cake. If you're a cake lover, you will not be disappointed if you make this sweet Cajun cake recipe.
The cake batter is made with all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, a pinch of salt, crushed pineapple with its juice and eggs. The batter bakes in the oven for about 30 minutes. While the cake bakes, cook the coconut topping on the stovetop by stirring together brown or granulated sugar (brown sugar gives it a deeper depth of flavor), evaporated milk, butter, pecans and coconut. Holes are poked into the hot cake so the topping can soak deep down into the cake. Delish!
You could stir in some ground cinnamon or vanilla extract into the cake batter and/or coconut topping. While we love a good king cake, this is a fun and sweet alternative for your Mardi Gras celebration. Serve the easy Cajun cake warm, at room temperature or cold from the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- large pinch of salt
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir in the undrained pineapple and eggs. Mix until just combined. Pour the batter into a greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, combine the sugar, evaporated milk and butter in a saucepot. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in the pecans and coconut.
- Remove the baked cake from the oven and immediately poke holes all over it with a wooden skewer, then pour the coconut topping over the top. Spread to cover the cake completely and let it soak in.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.