Stop the Presses! This 20-Minute Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti Recipe Is Front Page News by 30Seconds Food
Wow! That's pretty much our first reaction to this spaghetti recipe with a creamy garlic mushroom sauce. If you're looking for a new spaghetti recipe without red tomato sauce, you need to try this pasta recipe ASAP.
The super creamy sauce that coats the al dente spaghetti noodles is made with mushrooms, garlic, green onions, flour, milk and Parmesan cheese. That's all she wrote. The spaghetti is stirred into the garlicky mushroom sauce and then it is ready to be served for dinner.
You could use another pasta for this easy recipe. Stick with long pasta and go with fettuccine, linguine or angel hair, or go the short pasta route with penne, bowties, corkscrews or rigatoni. If you like smaller mushroom pieces, chop them instead of slicing (they will cook faster, too). Serve this amazing pasta recipe with extra Parmesan cheese, a vegetable, salad and hot bread.
Cuisine: American / Italian
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound (16 ounces) spaghetti, cooked according to package directions for al dente
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley or parsley flakes, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and green onions. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan and stir. Add the milk and stir. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted. Add the spaghetti noodles and toss to combine. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or sprinkle with parsley flakes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Spaghetti $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Parsley Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.