Grandma's Buttery Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes Recipe Is a Classic by 30Seconds Food
Mashed potatoes. Who doesn't get excited at hearing those two simple words? Mashed potatoes are a classic comfort food that has been on our dinner tables forever. Not just grandma, but our great-great-great-great grandmas!
Mashed potatoes can be made in so many different ways. Recipes like red mashed potatoes, mashed potato cups, mayonnaise mashed potatoes and turmeric mashed potatoes are just an example of ways to make mashed potatoes. This easy mashed potato recipe uses sour cream to stand out from the crowd. It is grandma approved!
Yukon gold potatoes are boiled until tender, then mashed with butter, sour cream and milk or half and half. The sour cream adds even more creaminess to the potatoes. Be sure to cook the drained potatoes over low heat to remove any excess water (don't walk away or they could burn!). Serve these potatoes as a side dish with chicken, beef or pork.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup whole milk or half and half
Here's how to make it:
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until just tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Over low heat, cook out the excess water.
- Add the butter, sour cream and milk. Mash the potatoes until desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.