Juicy Chicken Teriyaki Skewers Recipe: A Quick Chicken Dinner or Tasty Appetizer by 30Seconds Food
Chicken teriyaki is a classic. The Asian recipe has so many variations, but most of them are simple and delicious. This easy chicken teriyaki skewers recipe is as simple as it gets. The chicken skewers are broiled in the oven, not grilled outside like many kebab recipes.
Chicken tenders are marinated in a flavorful combination of low-sodium soy sauce, light brown sugar, fresh ginger, garlic, sesame oil and cornstarch (to help it thicken later). After the marinated chicken is threaded onto skewers, they are broiled for about four minutes or until cooked through (internal temperature 165 degrees F). The reserved marinade is boiled until it reduces and thickens, and is served as a dip with the chicken.
Boiling the reserved marinade is an important step. Do not skip it! Because raw chicken marinated in the liquid, it has to be cooked before being eaten. If you are using wooden skewers and not metal ones, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using so they don't burn. If you don't want to leave your chicken tenders whole, cut them into nuggets before threading onto the skewers.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus time to marinate
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes plus time to marinate
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated or minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (can substitute vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 pounds chicken tenders (about 16)
Here's how to make it:
- In a food storage bag or shallow dish, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and cornstarch. Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the marinade (reserve the marinade). Slide one chicken tender onto each skewer. Put the skewers onto a baking sheet that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the chicken for about 4 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
- Pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepot. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat and simmer about 4 minutes or until it's thickened and syrupy. Serve with the chicken.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.