OMG Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins Recipe With Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting by Donna John
Just the words "peanut butter and jelly" can put a smile on your face. Is it because it brings back childhood memories? Or is it because it's a classic combination of flavors that just works? You should have seen my smile when I tried this peanut butter and jelly muffin recipe with a creamy peanut butter frosting. OMG.
The simple peanut butter muffins are moist and full of peanut butter flavor. The batter is made with flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, a pinch of salt, milk, peanut butter and a egg. The batter bakes about 15 minutes while you make the easy peanut butter frosting by beating butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together. So easy. After the muffins have cooled, cut them in half, fill with jelly, then frost the top with the fluffy peanut butter frosting. Don't forget to add a dollop of jelly on the top so it's fancy like!
You can use jelly, fruit preserves or jam for this easy muffin recipe. Fruit preserves will be chunkier because they have actual fruit pieces. Raspberry, strawberry, peach, apricot, blackberry, fig, cherry and blueberry are great choices – but don't forget the classic combination of peanut butter and grape jelly!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- large pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup jelly, jam or fruit preserves (or to taste)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. In another bowl, stir together the peanut butter, milk and egg. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Divide the batter between 12 muffin cups. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove and cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter and peanut butter together in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Add half of the powdered sugar and blend. Pour in the milk and vanilla. Mix. Add the remaining powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- To assemble the muffins, cut the cooled muffins in half lengthwise. Add desired amount of jelly, jam or fruit preserves and put the top back on. Frost the top with peanut butter icing and add a dollop of jelly on top.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.