Low-Carb Creamy Ground Beef & Riced Cauliflower Casserole Recipe Just Won 2023 (So Far) by Donna John
It goes without saying that I make and create a lot of new recipes. Some I'd like to forget I made, and some I cannot wait to make again. This creamy ground beef and riced cauliflower casserole recipe is one that I cannot wait to make again. It was the best recipe I've made so far this year.
The keto-friendly casserole is super simple to make, too. You start by chopping cauliflower into very small pieces (riced) and microwaving it for 5 minutes to soften. Ground beef and onion are cooked in a little butter, then the flavorful ingredients join in. A little cream cheese, some heavy whipping cream, beef broth, tomato paste and garlic powder are stirred in, then the riced cauliflower. The mixture is cooked until most of the liquid evaporates and thickens up. Top with mozzarella and cheddar and let it melt right there on the stovetop. No oven needed. Amazing flavors, textures and a creamy consistency!
You could pop the skillet under the broiler (if it is ovenproof) if you want a browner top. But we loved the cheese strings when we spooned the casserole onto our plates. (Shred your own cheese and it melts better than those bags of pre-shredded cheese.) If you don't want to chop fresh cauliflower, you could use a bag of frozen riced cauliflower cooked according to package directions.
This is a complete low-carb dinner, but I did toss together a spring mix salad with lemon vinaigrette to enjoy with it. You could also serve it with a steamed or roasted vegetable. This is one cheesy casserole recipe you really need to try.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 a medium head of cauliflower, riced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped fresh parsley or parsley flakes (I used parsley flakes)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the riced cauliflower and 1/2 cup of water into a microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet (I used a cast iron skillet). Add the ground beef and onion and cook until meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, beef broth, tomato paste and garlic powder. Generously season with salt and pepper. Stir until cream cheese melts.
- Add the cauliflower and stir to coat. Add chopped parsley or parsley flakes, if desired. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated and it thickens up, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Top with the cheddar and mozzarella. Cook, without stirring, until cheese melts.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.