Easy Wet Burrito Recipe: A Drool-Worthy Ground Beef Baked Burrito Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Burritos are a Mexican food staple. What's not to love? All the flavorful ingredients are put inside a flour tortilla and rolled up. Burritos are usually huge, filling and delicious. That's especially true when it comes to wet burritos. A wet burrito is a filled burrito that is covered in enchilada sauce and baked. Yep, the outside is wet from all the sauce. Are you drooling yet?
This wet burrito recipe is filled with taco-seasoned ground beef, rice, refried beans and cheese. The burritos are rolled up and put into a baking pan. The sauce is made with butter, flour (a roux), beef broth, canned enchilada sauce and chili powder for more flavor. After a few minutes cooking on the stovetop, the sauce is poured over the filled burritos and then they are baked for 20 minutes to get everything hot and melty.
Top these Mexican baked wet burritos with your favorite toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, pico de gallo, sliced avocado, guacamole, chopped onion, fresh cilantro, jalapenos, sour cream, black olives, more shredded cheese. Or skip all the fru fru and just eat it as-is. All you need then is a fork.
You could make homemade refried beans instead of using canned beans. Cooked white rice works well, but for more flavor make Spanish rice or cilantro-lime rice to stuff the burrito with. You could substitute ground turkey for the ground beef.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet (1 ounce) taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) red enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tortillas (burrito size)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, Spanish rice or cilantro lime rice (or your favorite rice)
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain fat. Add the taco seasoning and the water called for on the packet directions. Cook about 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Slowly stir in the beef broth, enchilada sauce and chili powder. Cook until sauce thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fill each tortilla with some refried beans, rice, the ground beef mixture and all but 1 cup of the cheese. Fold into a burrito and put into a baking dish, seam side down.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the burritos. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Enchilada Sauce $2 & Up
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Refried Beans $1 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.