Quick & Easy Moist Amish Cornbread Recipe Melts in Your Mouth by 30Seconds Food
Amish recipes are some of the most popular on 30Seconds. And with good reason! The Amish know how to cook. This sweet, moist cornbread recipe is the perfect example of that. It is downright delicious and melts in your mouth.
The cornbread is made with yellow cornmeal, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, salt, baking powder, melted butter, eggs and milk. Yes, this is a sweet cornbread. If you don't like your cornbread sweet, either reduce the sugar in this recipe or make this skillet cornbread recipe that doesn't have any sugar in it. The ingredients are mixed together until just combined (do not overmix!) and baked for about 20 minutes or until just cooked through. For the moistest cornbread, make sure not to overbake or overmix the ingredients.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until just combined. Pour into a greased 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- If you prefer cornbread muffins, fill 12 greased or lined muffin cups about 3/4 full and bake for about 19 to 20 minutes.
- Store the cornbread in an airtight container.
- You could stir in some cheese or fresh jalapenos for extra flavor.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.6g
Saturated Fat: 2.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 31.9g
Dietary Fiber: 1.2g
Total Sugars: 12.5g
Vitamin D: 5mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.