Cheesy Baked Tortellini Casserole Recipe: Ring the Dinner Bell for This Easy Pasta Casserole by Ann Marie Patitucci
Making dinner on busy weeknights doesn’t have to be something we dread (or is it just me who dreads it?). Pasta recipes can help, as can casseroles recipes. Pasta is cost-effective, cooks quickly and is versatile. Casseroles are great because you can throw them in the oven and get something else done while your casserole cooks. Or, better yet, sit down and relax for a few minutes! Casseroles often provide leftovers, which make for an easy lunch or dinner the next day. Some special recipes give you the best of both worlds. For instance, pasta as a casserole! This easy, cheesy baked tortellini recipe is a great example.
My family doesn’t always agree on what to have for dinner; in fact, we seldom do. However, pasta is something we all love. We each have our favorites (mine is eggplant parmesan), but we’re all happy to eat just about any Italian dish (a family favorite is my spaghetti bolognese). We all enjoy baked ziti, but had never tried baked tortellini. Until now! I highly recommend this tortellini casserole recipe, especially for: hungry eaters, picky kids, casserole lovers, pasta lovers, tortellini lovers, cheese lovers – and just about everyone else, too!
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 package (24 ounces) fresh cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese (divided)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Cook the onions until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 additional minute. Add ground beef and cook until brown.
- Once beef is cooked, stir in crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Stir in uncooked tortellini and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Transfer to casserole dish and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Crushed Tomatoes $2 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Italian Seasoning $2 & Up
Casserole Dishes $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.