Hawaiian Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe: A Legit 15-Minute Seafood Dinner by 30Seconds Food
When you're in Hawaii, it's a good bet that you'll find a food truck selling garlic butter shrimp. Hawaiian garlic butter shrimp is a quick shrimp recipe that is loaded – and we mean loaded – with garlic. You won't miss the garlic in this buttery shrimp!
Large shrimp are seasoned with paprika and ground cayenne before being cooked in butter, olive oil and garlic. A splash of lemon juice at the end adds acidity and freshness. The tender, succulent shrimp and garlic butter sauce are a Hawaiian match made in heaven.
Serve this Hawaiian garlic butter shrimp over rice with lemon wedges or pineapple for dinner. You could even serve it over pasta (think Hawaiian shrimp scampi) or quinoa. A fresh vegetable like broccolini, broccoli, brussels sprouts or asparagus would make this a dinner homerun. And the garlic shrimp is table ready in less than 20 minutes. The shrimp would also be a nice appetizer served with toothpicks.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ground cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh garlic
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Squeeze your own fresh lemon juice. Fresh is best.
- For extra flavor, use smoked paprika.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the shrimp into a bowl. Sprinkle with the flour, paprika, cayenne, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt the butter and garlic in a skillet. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer. Cook on one side about 2 minutes, then flip over and cook about 2 minutes more or until just cooked through.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the lemon.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.