Soft Vanilla Sugar Cookies Recipe With Sweet Lemonade Frosting by Chef Gigi
Everyone loves, loves, loves this moist vanilla sugar cookie recipe with sweet lemonade frosting. And so will you because it's super easy to make and just eating them feels like spring is not too far away.
The simple vanilla sugar cookie dough is made with butter, sugar, an egg, sour cream, flour, baking powder and a little kosher salt. The cookies bake for about 11 to 12 minutes before heading to a wire rack to cool. The creamy refreshing lemonade icing is made with butter, powdered sugar, lemonade mix and milk. You could use pink lemonade mix if you think pink! Be sure to let the cookies cool completely before frosting.
The cookies are super moist and soft because of the sour cream. Store these frosted lemonade cookies in an airtight container to keep them moist. For a festive touch, add yellow and white sprinkles. This is the perfect lemon cookie for lemon lovers! Serve them as a sweet snack or for a light dessert.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour to chill
Cook Time: 11 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes plus 1 hour to chill
Servings: Makes 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream or full-fat plain Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemonade powdered mix (add more for a more robust flavor)
- 1 tablespoon milk
Here is how to make it:
- To make the cookie dough, in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Mix in egg, sour cream and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix on low speed until combined. Cover the dough and place it in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Drop balls of the dough (about 3 tablespoons each) onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake until the tops spring back when touched, about 11 to 12 minutes. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
- To make the frosting, in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter on low for 1 minute until smooth and fluffy. Add the sifted powdered sugar and mix on low speed until combined. Then, increase the speed to medium-high and continue mixing for 2 to 3 minutes until very light and fluffy. Add the lemonade mix and milk. Beat on low speed until incorporated. (If you want a deeper yellow color, add a little yellow food coloring.)
- Once the cookies are completely cool, frost the tops. Add sprinkles, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.