Savory Homemade Corned Beef Hash Recipe Is Breakfast for Dinner by Chef Gigi
If you are lucky to have corned beef leftover from dinner, do I have a tasty recipe for you! This easy corned beef hash recipe is delicious for brunch, breakfast or a quick breakfast-for-dinner meal any day of the week.
The corned beef hash is made with russet potatoes that are baked until crispy in the oven. Cubed or shredded corned beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and oregano join the party to create a flavorful hash. If you don't have leftover corned beef, you can buy it in your grocer's deli case. No problem!
Top this hearty beef and potato dish off with a few crispy fried eggs. Yes, please! This is a great meal-prep recipe, too. Don't you think it's time to have breakfast for dinner?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 - 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced small
- 2 cups cubed corned beef
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 pound russet potatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Here's how to make it
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Add olive oil, thyme and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion to the skillet, and cook, often stirring, until onions have become translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in cubed corned beef, and sauté until slightly brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the freshly baked potato pieces to the corned beef and season with Worcestershire sauce. Toss until the potatoes are evenly browned, for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired. Top with a few crispy fried eggs.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.