Flank Steak Stir-fry Recipe With Snow Peas: A Quick & Easy 20-Minute Dinner by Donna John
Sometimes I feel like sipping on a glass of wine and cooking a multiple-step, time-consuming recipe with lots of ingredients. But most of the time, a quick and easy recipe is what I'm looking for. This easy flank steak stir-fry recipe with snow peas will get you out of the kitchen fast. It has simple – and minimal – ingredients and is full of fresh Asian flavors, crisp snow peas and onions, and a tasty two-ingredient sauce.
The Asian sauce for this stir-fry recipe is simply hoisin sauce (sometimes called Chinese barbecue sauce) and soy sauce. Crushed red pepper flakes can be added for a touch of heat. The flank steak is sliced thin, then quickly pan-seared along with fresh snow peas, onion, garlic and ginger. When the sauce enters the pan, prepare your nose for a treat!
Serve this beef stir-fry recipe over rice or rice noodles. The recipe cooks in five minutes, so you may have time to make some crispy egg rolls or crab rangoon to serve as a side dish. The perfect 20-minute dinner!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- chopped green onions, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and crushed red pepper flakes, if using, in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add half of the steak in a single layer and cook, without stirring, for 1 minute. Cook for an additional 30 seconds, stirring, until browned. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the same skillet. Add the snow peas and onion. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Push the snow peas to the side and add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the steak back into the pan along with the sauce. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Hoisin Sauce $3 & Up
Low-Sodium Soy Sauce $2 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.