No-Knead Brioche Bread Recipe: Meet Your New Bread Obsession by 30Seconds Food
Brioche (pronounced bri-yosh) is a French bread that's rich, tender, light and puffy. The popular bread is versatile and can be eaten with butter and jam, toasted for breakfast, or used for sandwiches.
No-knead breads are all the rage, so we were thrilled when we found this no-knead brioche recipe. The bread is made with all-purpose flour, an egg, butter, milk, yeast and granulated sugar. After rising twice, it's baked in the oven until tender and golden brown.
This no-knead brioche bread recipe can be made and frozen for later. Store it sealed in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap for up to two months. To cook the frozen bread, thaw it to room temperature and warm it in the oven or slice and cook in a toaster oven.
If you like no-knead bread recipes, try this fan favorite no-knead artisan bread (we're obsessed!), no-knead garlic rolls, no-knead rosemary focaccia, no-knead pizza dough, no-knead Moravian yeast rolls and no-knead rustic bread.
Prep Time: 2 to 3 hours
Cook Time: 1 hour (ovens vary)
Total Time: 3 to 4 hours
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 1/2 cup warm water (about 105 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (divided)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- large pinch of salt
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the water, 3/4 teaspoon of the sugar and the yeast in a small bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Put the milk into a saucepot and warm over low heat. Add the butter and remaining sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and cool until it is warm (about 105 degrees F).
- Put the warm milk mixture, yeast mixture, egg, flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Remove the risen dough to a greased and floured 9x-5-inch loaf pan. Cover and let it rise again for about 1 hour or until doubled again.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 55 minutes to 1 hour. Remove to a rack to cool before slicing.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.