Coffee Brownies Recipe: These Moist Chocolate Brownies With Coffee Frosting Are OMG Good by Donna John
Coffee brownies? I've never printed a recipe and made it so quickly as I did with these easy coffee brownies. The funny thing is, I'm new to drinking coffee. Actually, I could not stand anything with coffee in it – from candy to coffee ice cream. No, thank you. But during the Texas winter storm, we were housebound for days. When we could finally get out, we headed to the nearest convenience store for some hot chocolate. Sold out. Deciding I wasn't leaving without something hot in my hand, I tried a coffee latte. They say your taste buds change as you age, and I assume they did because I was hooked. Enter this coffee brownies recipe.
No box brownie mix here. The batter of butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder is quickly whisked together, poured into a square pan and baked for 30 minutes. While the chocolate brownies cool, beat the four frosting ingredients – instant coffee granules, heavy cream, powdered sugar and butter – together until spreadable. The flavor and creaminess of the coffee frosting is fantastic (you will lick the beaters and bowl).
These coffee brownies are moist and chocolatey. The coffee frosting is what puts them over the top. Sweet, creamy and with the essence of coffee, you'll want to spread this on more than just brownies. I'm thinking cakes and cupcakes, or even a sweet dip for cookies.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus time to cool
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes plus time to cool
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Here's how to make it:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder until well combined.
- Spread the batter into a 8x8-inch baking pan that's been lined with parchment paper and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake the brownies in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until just set (do not overbake). Remove and let the brownies cool completely.
- To make the frosting, combine the instant coffee granules and heavy cream in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and coffee mixture and continue to beat until spreadable. (Add a little more heavy cream, if needed.)
- Frost the cooled brownies with the coffee frosting.
- Cut into squares.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Instant Coffee Granules $4 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Square Baking Pans $8 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.