5-Ingredient Fluffy Peanut Butter Mousse Recipe Is a Sweet Addiction by Donna John
Chocolate. That's pretty much what I think about when someone mentions mousse. My father-in-law makes a mean chocolate mousse and I love it. But, enter this peanut butter mousse recipe. Oh, my. One bite of this light, fluffy and airy peanut butter mousse and you'll wonder why you've only eaten chocolate mousse.
This simple five-ingredient peanut butter mousse starts with heavy whipping cream and vanilla that's whipped to stiff peaks. Be careful not to overwhip the cream or it will turn to butter. The cream cheese and granulated sugar are beat until smooth, then the peanut butter is stirred into the mixture. The last step is gently folding in the whipped cream. Take your time with this step because you don't want to deflate your mousse. You can leave the mousse in the bowl to chill or spoon or pipe it into individual ramekins or dessert cups. Let it chill in the fridge for about an hour before serving.
Top the fluffy peanut butter mousse with peanuts. You can also add a dollop of whipped cream. To make this peanut butter dessert even more decadent, top it with peanut butter cups, shaved chocolate or toffee bits. Mmm! You will not be able to stop eating this decadent dessert!
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour to chill
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 18 ounces creamy peanut butter
- peanuts, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- With an electric mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form (do not overwhip).
- In another mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined. Fold in the whipped cream (be gentle!).
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You could also spoon the mixture into eight dessert bowls before refrigerating. Garnish the mousse with peanuts, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Peanut Butter $2 & Up
Peanuts $3 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.