The Cheesiest Mexican Chicken Casserole Recipe Ever (Ready in 30 Minutes) by 30Seconds Food
Reminiscent of king ranch casserole, this cheesy Mexican chicken casserole recipe is loaded with cheddar cheese and tender chicken. The six-ingredient casserole recipe is a cinch to prepare and bakes up in 20 minutes flat. This casserole is the perfect way to use up leftover chicken, freezes well and can be made ahead of time. The family is going to love this comforting casserole.
The flavors in this Mexican casserole are very mild. The casserole is made with tomatoes and green chiles, cream of chicken soup, chopped green chiles, shredded chicken, tortilla chips and cheddar cheese. Nothing too spicy going on here. If you want to add some spice, stir some taco seasoning into the chicken and cheese mixture when you heat it up.
Serve this cheesy baked casserole with your favorite side dishes or add toppings to the casserole after baking like pico de gallo, guacamole, chopped red onion, fresh cilantro, chopped jalapeno or shredded lettuce. This budget recipe is not "skinny," but if you're looking for a lighter Mexican casserole try our healthier skillet king ranch casserole recipe.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 16 ounces (about 4 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 bag (7 ounces) tortilla chips
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the tomatoes with green chiles, chopped green chiles, cream of mushroom soup and 3 cups of the cheddar cheese in a saucepot. Warm until cheese melts. Stir in the cooked chicken.
- Layer half of the tortilla chips on the bottom of a casserole dish. Add half the cheese-chicken mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Casserole Dishes $8 & Up
Tomatoes With Green Chiles $2 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $2 & Up
Cream of Chicken Soup $1 & Up
Tortilla Chips $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.