Cheesy Chicken Tamale Casserole Recipe Is Insanely Delicious & Easy by 30Seconds Food
Casserole recipes are usually a good bet when planning family dinners. If you enjoy a good taco casserole or chicken casserole, you're going to love this easy chicken tamale casserole recipe! The simple casserole uses pantry ingredients, has minimal prep and bakes up in 30 minutes.
The tamale base of this casserole is basically a flavorful cornbread made with cream-style-corn, corn muffin mix, chopped green chiles, sour cream, an egg, ground cumin and cheese. After the tamale part of the casserole bakes, it is topped with shredded cooked chicken, enchilada sauce (you can use red or green enchilada sauce) and more cheese. Everything bakes together and creates a drool-worthy Mexican casserole.
Serve the cheesy chicken tamale casserole with toppings like sliced avocado, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, fresh cilantro, sour cream, pico de gallo or fresh jalapenos. This could be a complete meal, but if you have time, make some homemade refried beans, Spanish rice or cilantro lime rice. Ole!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 can (14 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 box (8 ounces) corn muffin mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin (or to taste)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (divided)
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (you can use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce (red or green)
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Can Opener
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Wooden Spoon
- For a little heat, stir in some chopped jalapeno, serrano or poblano peppers.
- The casserole reheats well in the microwave.
- Freshly grated cheese melts better than pre-shredded cheese, so grate your own if you can.
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the cream-style corn, corn muffin mix, chopped green chiles, sour cream, egg, cumin and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Spread the mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish or casserole dish.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven, and take the end of a wooden spoon and make indentions all over the top.
- In a bowl, stir together the chicken and enchilada sauce. Spread the mixture over the cornbread. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 28g
Saturated Fat: 15.9g
Total Carbohydrate: 35g
Dietary Fiber: 1.9g
Total Sugars: 10g
Vitamin D: 4mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.