2-Ingredient Crispy Baked Apple Horseradish Glazed Chicken Recipe by Donna John
On a girl's wine-tasting trip, I scored a jar of apple horseradish jam. Apple and horseradish are a savory-and-sweet match made in heaven, and I couldn't wait to cook with it. Easy baked chicken recipes are a favorite of mine to cook, so it was a no-brainer to use the jam to glaze chicken. This easy two-ingredient baked apple horseradish glazed chicken was another winner winner chicken dinner.
Bone-in chicken thighs were seasoned with salt and pepper, baked and then the crispy skin was brushed with the warm jam. The sweetness from the apple and tang from the horseradish was the perfect combination of flavors for the juicy chicken. If you can't find apple horseradish jam, simply mix apple jelly or jam with prepared horseradish. About 1/4 cup of apple jelly to a 1/2 teaspoon of horseradish is a good place to start. Play around with it until it's the perfect combination of jam to horseradish for you.
This glazed chicken would work with other sweet and savory jams, too. Get creative! Serve the savory chicken with your favorite side dishes. I served it with roasted potatoes and broccoli.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Total Time: 50 minutes to 1 hour and 5 minutes
- 4 - 6 bone-in chicken thighs (or your favorite chicken pieces)
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup apple horseradish jam (or apple jelly or jam and prepared horseradish)
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper (I used Morton Nature's Seasons). Bake in a preheated 375-degreee F oven until chicken is just cooked through, about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on size of chicken pieces. (Chicken is done at 165 degrees F internal temperature.)
- While the chicken bakes, heat the apple horseradish jam (or apple jam and prepared horseradish, to taste) in a small saucepot until melted.
- About 15 minutes before chicken is cooked through, start basting with the warm jam. (I basted the chicken three times.)
- For crispier skin, turn the broiler on for a couple minutes (do not walk away or it will burn!).
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Apple Horseradish Jam $8 & Up
Prepared Horseradish $3 & Up
Apple Jam $3 & Up
Morton Nature's Seasons $3 & Up
Baking Dishes $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.