30-Minute Instant Pot™ Coconut Lemon Chicken Chowder Recipe Is So Refreshing by Chef Gigi
This Instant Pot™ lemon chicken coconut chowder recipe is quick and so yummy. The refreshing lemon chicken soup is ready in less than 30 minutes flat, so it is perfect for busy weeknight dinners. The simple, refreshing comfort food meal won't weigh you down.
The chicken soup is made with onion, celery, baby gold potatoes, cauliflower, boneless chicken thighs, turmeric, cumin, chicken broth, coconut milk or heavy cream, and lemon juice. If you use coconut milk, the recipe is dairy-free for anyone who has an allergy or cannot tolerate dairy products. When you're cooking the soup, it's fine if the cauliflower breaks apart – it will add texture and body to the chowder.
Serve the lemony coconut chicken chowder piping hot in soup bowls. You could toss together a fresh garden salad or Caesar salad to serve with it for a complete dinner. And don't forget the hot bread!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 stalks celery, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds baby gold potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 4 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless thighs
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup whole-fat canned coconut milk or heavy cream
- pinch of cumin, or to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- lemon wedges, for garnish (optional)
Here is how to make it:
- Turn the pot to Sauté. Add the olive oil and onion, occasionally stirring, until the onion becomes translucent. Add the celery, potatoes, cauliflower and a pinch of cumin.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the pot with the stock, stirring until well combined. Secure the lid, select the Manual setting, and set it to high pressure for 20 minutes. When the pressure cooker timer is done, quick release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken and shred it into bite-sized pieces. Return the chicken to the pressure cooker and add the lemon juice and coconut milk. Gently stir to combine. Adjust seasoning with additional salt, pepper or lemon juice. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Instant Pot™ $50 & Up
Turmeric $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Coconut Milk $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.