Crispy Sticky Honey Garlic Ginger Wings Recipe: What to Make for Gameday by Chef George Duran
I'm known for making recipes that are accessible to the average home cook. So for the Super Bowl™ this year, I'm making this baked sticky honey garlic ginger chicken wings recipe. The wings are simple to prepare and even easier to cook.
The chicken wings can be baked in a traditional oven or cooked in an air fryer. The crispy wings are coated in a sweet and sticky sauce made with honey, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Simple, accessible ingredients.
Serve these honey garlic ginger chicken wings as an appetizer during the big games, tailgating or family get-togethers. The Asian-inspired chicken wings could also be serve for dinner with your favorite side dishes. A fresh vegetable, grain or salad would make for a family-pleasing dinner.
If you're one that has to have a dipping sauce with their chicken wings, homemade ranch is always a good choice. Because these oven-baked wings have Asian flavors, you could also serve a sweet and sour sauce, creamy Asian dipping sauce or sweet chili sauce with them. But honesty, they're dang delicious all on their own.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 for oven and 20 to 25 for air fryer
Total Time: 30 to 40 minutes
Servings: Makes 20 wings
- 20 chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- olive oil spray
Honey Ginger Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Dorot Gardens frozen ginger cubes (or 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger)
- 4 Dorot Gardens frozen garlic cubes (or 4 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F or air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Dry wings with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Place in a bowl and mix in flour to coat.
- Spray wings with olive oil spray and place on a baking sheet for the oven or directly into the air fryer. Cook for 30 to 35 minutes in the oven or 20 to 25 minutes in the air fryer, until golden brown, and turning wings halfway through.
- While the wings cook, add all sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and whisk together. Bring to a simmer and keep whisking and cooking until thickened. Add more cornstarch if not thick enough.
- Once wings are golden and crispy, place in a bowl and pour in sauce to coat. Serve immediately.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.