Skillet Shipwreck Dinner Recipe: This 20-Minute Budget Recipe Is Family Friendly by Donna John
The Amish shipwreck casserole recipe is one of the most popular and viewed recipes at 30Seconds. Because everyone obviously loves a good ground beef casserole, I had to share this quick and easy recipe that shares the same name from The Hillbilly Kitchen. This skillet shipwreck dinner recipe uses pantry ingredients, and no baking, chopping or long cooking time. It's a family-friendly, kid-friendly, budget-friendly dinner that's on the table in 20 minutes or less.
This shipwreck dinner starts with a pound of lean ground beef. A box of that macaroni and cheese we grew up eating (and may still eat!) is stirred in along with diced tomatoes, milk, peas, corn, seasoned salt and cheddar cheese. More cheddar is sprinkled on the top to melt right before serving. The one-pan recipe is done!
All the ingredients in this skillet dinner are familiar and ones that most of us love. This is a complete dinner on its own, but you could add a salad or garlic bread. Pack the leftovers for lunch the next day or have leftover night. We bet no one will mind.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 box (7.25 ounces) macaroni and cheese mix
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen or can corn
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and cheese mix from the macaroni and cheese box. Stir. Add the tomatoes, milk, peas, corn and seasoned salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook about 10 minutes.
- Stir in half of the cheddar cheese until melted. Top with the remaining cheese and let it melt.
Photos: The Hillbilly Kitchen via YouTube
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.