Most-Requested Creamy Ground Beef Taco Soup Recipe (20 Minutes) by Donna John
I almost scrolled past this creamy ground beef taco soup recipe because it was called "keto taco soup." Not being on the keto diet, I wasn't sure I needed to click on it and check it out. I sure am glad I did! This easy, cheesy taco soup takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make. The flavors are fantastic! If this is how you eat on the keto diet, sign me up!
The Mexican taco soup recipe starts with ground beef and onion being cooked together. Taco seasoning and cream cheese join the party. Once the cream cheese has melted into the ground beef, tomatoes with green chiles, beef broth and heavy cream are stirred in. All the soup really has to do now is heat through. So simple and tasty! I did add some fresh chopped cilantro to the soup in the last step. This quick low-carb soup recipe definitely made it into my recipe folder.
Ladle the gluten-free soup into individual soup bowls and top with desired toppings. Toppings to consider are chopped red onion, chopped green onions, sliced jalapeno or serrano peppers, fresh chopped cilantro, avocado and shredded Mexican cheese. If you're not following the keto diet, add some crunchy tortilla strips. This easy keto-friendly taco soup can be served for lunch or fast dinner.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 packet (1 ounce) taco seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a soup pot until meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the cream cheese and taco seasoning. Stir until cheese melts.
- Add the tomatoes with green chiles (do not drain), beef broth and heavy cream.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with desired toppings.
- Soup Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Soup Bowls
- Salt and Pepper
- Airtight Containers
- Wooden Spoon
- Try this recipe with ground turkey instead of ground beef.
- To reduce the sodium, use low-sodium beef broth.
- Instead of store-bought taco seasoning, make your own homemade taco seasoning. I used Old El Paso Taco Seasoning.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 31.1g
Saturated Fat: 18.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 9.2g
Dietary Fiber: 1.4g
Total Sugars: 3.2g
Vitamin D: 13mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.