Succulent Thai Peanut Pork Recipe: This Thai Pork Melts in Your Mouth by 30Seconds Food
We often think of chicken and beef with Thai recipes, but this tasty Thai recipe uses pork. Thai peanut pork is made with pork shoulder, onion, coriander, cumin, ginger, garlic salt, broth, coconut milk, peanut butter, fish sauce, lime juice and bean sprouts. The peanut is not actually whole peanuts like we would see in Pad Thai, but creamy peanut butter that creates a silky sauce for the pork.
This Thai peanut pork with bean sprouts starts on the stovetop but ends in the oven. The dish is baked until the pork shoulder is fall-apart tender. The meat melts in your mouth! The bean sprouts and lime juice are added last and bring freshness to the pork dish.
Serve this baked Thai peanut pork over rice or rice noodles. If you want a little heat, sprinkle with some crushed red pepper flakes or fresh sliced chiles. The pork reheats well for leftovers the next day for dinner or for lunch.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours (approximately)
Total Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons (heaping) peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup bean sprouts
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add the pork and brown on all side, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the coriander, cumin, ginger, garlic salt, broth, coconut milk, peanut butter and fish sauce. Stir and bring to a low simmer. Cover the skillet and put it into a preheated 325-degree F oven. Cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the pork is fall-apart tender.
- Remove the pork from the oven and stir in the bean sprouts and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Put it back into the oven for about 10 more minutes. Stir and serve. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.