Creamy Coconut Curry Salmon Recipe Is Healthy Eating In 15 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Poaching is a quick and healthy way to cook fish. The fish is submerged in a liquid then gently (very gently) simmered until it is cooked through. The result is a moist fish perfect for your healthy eating plan. Salmon is one fish that poaches particularly well.
This easy coconut curry poached salmon recipe packs a lot of flavor into the poaching liquid. Garlic, ginger, ground cumin, ground turmeric and ground coriander are cooked in a little olive oil until their flavors release. Vegetable broth and coconut milk are the liquids for the poaching broth, which are thickened with a little cornstarch. The salmon simmers in the broth until it is moist and flaky.
This salmon in a coconut curry broth is ready in less than 20 minutes. Serve this Thai-inspired poached salmon recipe over white rice, brown rice, quinoa or even rice noodles. Add a fresh vegetable like sautéed spinach, bok choy, snow peas, sugar snap peas, carrots or broccolini, and you have a quick dinner that you'll feel good about eating.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: Thai / American
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 salmon filets, with skin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- This seafood recipe makes two servings but could easily be doubled.
- You have enough poaching broth to add more salmon without doubling the ingredients.
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric and coriander. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the broth, coconut milk and cornstarch. Whisk until smooth and bring to a simmer.
- Put the salmon fillets into the pan, skin side down. Gently simmer for about 8 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 39.7g
Saturated Fat: 21.7g
Total Carbohydrate: 13.3g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Total Sugars: 6.2g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.