15-Minute Creamy Coconut Curry Poached Salmon Recipe Is Tasty Healthy Eating by 30Seconds Food
Poaching is a quick and healthy way to cook fish. The fish is submerged in a liquid then gently (very gently) simmered until it is cooked through. The result is a moist fish perfect for your healthy eating plan. Salmon is one fish that poaches particularly well.
This easy coconut curry poached salmon recipe packs a lot of flavor into the poaching liquid. Garlic, ginger, ground cumin, ground turmeric and ground coriander are cooked in a little olive oil until their flavors release. Vegetable broth and coconut milk are the liquids for the poaching broth, which are thickened with a little cornstarch. The salmon simmers in the broth until it is moist and flaky.
Serve this Thai-inspired poached salmon recipe over white rice, brown rice, quinoa or even rice noodles. Add a fresh vegetable like sautéed spinach, bok choy, snow peas, sugar snap peas, carrots or broccolini, and you have a quick dinner that you'll feel good about eating. This salmon in a coconut curry broth is ready in less than 20 minutes. This seafood recipe makes two servings but could easily be doubled.
Cuisine: Thai / American
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 salmon filets, with skin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric and coriander. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the broth, coconut milk and cornstarch. Whisk until smooth and bring to a simmer.
- Put the salmon fillets into the pan, skin side down. Gently simmer for about 8 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Coconut Milk $3 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Coriander $4 & Up
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Cumin $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.