10-Minute Moist Mediterranean Poached Salmon Recipe: Quick Healthy Eating by 30Seconds Food
Moist, juicy and delicious, poached salmon is a healthy option for lunch or dinner. The salmon fillets cook in minutes without fat or oil. If you've never poached fish before, you're going to be amazed at how easy it is.
The salmon fillets are covered in water that's seasoned with vinegar, honey, salt, peppercorns, dill or thyme and a bay leaf. After a few minutes of gentle simmering in the skillet, the fish is ready for whatever applications you want to use it for. Serve the juicy poached salmon with a lemon wedge, a little sea salt and fresh cracked pepper beside a vegetable and salad for a healthy dinner or lunch. Or, flake the cooked salmon and use it for salmon sandwiches, salmon patties, pasta dishes or salmon chowder.
If you're not using the salmon right away, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days. To reheat the salmon, put it into a skillet for a few minutes or microwave just until hot. This quick and easy poached salmon recipe is the perfect addition to your Mediterranean diet or healthy meal plan.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 to 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- fresh dill sprigs or fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
Here's how to make it:
- Put the salmon in a single layer in a deep skillet. Add enough water to just cover the salmon. Stir in the vinegar, honey, salt, bay leaf, peppercorns and dill or thyme.
- Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Gently simmer the salmon for about 2 minutes. Check the temperature of the fish. It should be between 135 and 140 degrees F. Cook gently until it reaches this temperature. Remove the fish, cover and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Vinegar $2 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Whole Peppercorns $4 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
Sea Salt $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.