Perfectly Amazing Roasted Chicken Recipe With Lemon & Rosemary by Sarah Amona
OMG, this roast chicken recipe with lemon and rosemary is always amazing! A whole chicken is covered in olive oil, rosemary, lemon zest, garlic powder and black pepper. After baking in the oven for about 1 1/2 hours, the juicy chicken rests then is carved and served. Perfection!
Serve this baked chicken with rosemary and lemon with your favorite side dishes. Roasted or steamed vegetables are a healthy choice along with a fresh garden salad. Remove and chop or shred the leftover meat from the chicken and use it in other recipes. You can even freeze the leftover chicken.
Keep in mind that the cooking time will vary depending on the size of the chicken and your oven. Start to check the internal temperature after about 1 hour of baking. For a crispier skin, pop the chicken under the broiler for a couple minutes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 3 to 4 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours (ovens vary)
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes plus time to marinate
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds), rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, cut in quarters (use the zested lemon)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the olive oil, rosemary, lemon zest, garlic powder and pepper. Spread over the surface of the chicken. Insert the lemon quarters into the cavity of the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a roasting rack, preferably V-shaped, and place in a roasting pan.
- Roast chicken for 30 minutes. Add the onion and celery to the pan. Roast until an instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh reads 170 degrees F, about 1 hour.
- Transfer the chicken to a shallow serving platter dish. Cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 15 minutes before carving. Discard the ingredients in the cavity of the chicken. Carve the chicken.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Roast Chicken Cookbooks $5 & Up
Roasting Pans $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.