Refreshing Lime & Ginger Sparkling Mocktail Recipe Tastes Like a Mojito Without the Rum by Elisa Schmitz
If you love the sweet and tart taste of a mojito cocktail, then you will love this refreshing lime and ginger sparkling mocktail recipe. This lime and ginger mocktail tastes like a mojito, without the rum!
My friend Jan introduced me to this recipe, which is based on a lemon and ginger sparkling mocktail recipe shared by Chrissy Teigen on her Cravings website. Jan adjusted the recipe based on her personal tastes (and the fact that she had limes instead of lemons), and the result is amazing!
Whether you're abstaining from alcohol for Dry January or for always, this delicious drink recipe will make you feel like you're celebrating even without alcohol. This mocktail recipe has all the flavor and bubbles you'd expect in a celebratory cocktail recipe. The only thing it doesn't give you is a hangover!
This is the perfect beverage to serve at any special occasion or holiday gathering where you need a non-alcoholic alternative. Bonus: kids love it, too, so it's a wonderful drink for the whole family!
Cuisine: Cuban / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 - 6 cups soda water, or to taste
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- fresh lime slices and fresh mint for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Start by making the simple syrup. In a saucepan, add the sugar and water then stir to combine. Add the fresh mint leaves and grated ginger to the pot. Cook over low-medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Strain the simple syrup mixture into a separate container and let cool for up to 10 minutes. You should have about 3/4 of a cup of simple syrup liquid.
- Fill a pitcher with ice, then pour in 1/2 a cup of the simple syrup liquid.
- Add fresh lime juice and the soda water ( the goal is to fill it to the top of the pitcher, but you can adjust the amount of soda water depending on how sweet you like your drink to be).
- Garnish with fresh lime slices and additional mint leaves, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.