One-Pan Tuscan Chicken Recipe With Spinach & Tomato Cream Sauce Is to Die For by Elisa Schmitz
Sometimes you just need a creamy chicken dinner, and sometimes you just need it fast. This one-pan Tuscan chicken breast recipe in a succulent spinach and tomato cream sauce checks both of those boxes, beautifully. Put simply, this chicken dinner is to die for.
The magic of this one-pan chicken recipe is in the savory flavor: creamy, tangy and rich, thanks to the blending of heavy cream, diced tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and wine. (Yes, wine and cheese for dinner!) The sauce in this recipe is so delicious, you may want to drink it with a straw. At the very least, consider serving this meal with some crusty bread so you can mop up the savory sauce.
But what you may love most about this recipe is that it's made in just one pan. It's a simple comfort food dinner that's fancy enough to serve to guests, and it's ready in just about 40 minutes. This Tuscan chicken recipe is simple but flavorful, and the bright colors are enticing year-round.
That's why when it comes to easy chicken breast recipes, this one is tough to beat. Serve this yummy chicken recipe with crusty bread or over rice, cauliflower rice or pasta. I served it over turmeric rice so there was an extra pop of color (and nutrition) and it didn't last long!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup red wine (I used Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 5 - 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
Here's how to make it:
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil and warm it on medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then cook it in the olive oil for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Once the chicken is no longer pink, remove it from the saucepan to a cutting board. Cut the chicken breasts into slices, if desired.
- Add additional olive oil to the saucepan, if needed. Add the garlic and broccoli to the pan. Cook for a few minutes until broccoli softens a bit. Next, add the cream, chicken bouillon, Italian seasoning, diced tomatoes, garbanzo beans and wine. Cook the mixture over medium heat for a few minutes, whisking until combined.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, whisking until blended.
- Add the spinach and stir the mixture until the spinach has wilted (this happens quickly). The sauce will thicken the longer it simmers. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and stir to combine with the sauce. Simmer for a few more minutes until all is cooked through.
- Serve with crusty bread or over rice, pasta or cauliflower rice. Garnish with additional shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.