Eggless Spinach Quiche Recipe: This Vegan Quiche Recipe Is Amazing by 30Seconds Food
Quiche has gotten a bad rap in the past. We're wondering why? Quiche is quick, filling and so versatile. With the high prices of eggs right now, we thought you'd love this easy egg-free quiche recipe. Instead of pricey eggs, the main player in this spinach quiche is silken tofu.
Onion, green onion, garlic and spinach are cooked until soft, then combined with a quiche base of silken tofu, nutritional yeast and cornstarch. After being poured into a pre-baked pie crust, the quiche is baked until set. The result is a creamy quiche the entire family will enjoy – vegan or not.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 10 ounces spinach, chopped
- 16 ounces silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 baked pie crust
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and green onion. Season with a little salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Add the tofu, cornstarch, nutritional yeast and salt to a blender. Blend until smooth. Add the mixture to the cooled spinach mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour the filling into the baked pie crust. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until set. Cool about 10 minutes before slicing.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.