20-Minute Ground Beef Pita Sandwich Recipe Has Middle Eastern Flavors by Donna John
Everyone knows that I love sandwiches. I also have two freezers full of ground meat, so ground beef recipes are always on my radar. This ground beef pita recipe was my latest discovery. It's quick (20 minutes!), easy and loaded with Middle Eastern flavors and fresh vegetables.
After being cooked with garlic and onion, the ground beef is seasoned with allspice, cayenne, ground green cardamom, nutmeg and paprika. Chopped flat-leaf parsley adds freshness. The meat is spooned into a pita and topped with tomato, red onion, cucumber and radishes, then drizzled with creamy tzatziki.
Serve these Middle Eastern ground beef pitas for lunch or dinner. The meat is also great for meal prepping. For dinner the next night, I spooned the reheated meat over a baked potato and topped it with yogurt and chopped radish and cucumber.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground green cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-left parsley
- 3 pitas, cut in half
- sliced tomato
- sliced red onion
- sliced cucumber
- sliced radishes
- tzatziki, hummus or Greek yogurt
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Garlic Press
- You could use hummus or Greek yogurt instead of tzatziki.
- I added some lemon juice, chopped cucumber, minced garlic and fresh dill to some Greek yogurt and used that as the sauce for my pitas.
- If you have time, make homemade pita bread for this sandwich recipe.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef, onion and garlic in a skillet until meat is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. (I used a potato masher to break the meat up.)
- Add all the seasonings and chopped parsley. Cook about 2 minutes to incorporate the flavors throughout the meat. Taste and add more seasonings, if desired.
- Fill the pita halves with the ground meat then tuck in the desired toppings. Drizzle with tzatziki, hummus or Greek yogurt.
Photo: The seasoned ground beef spooned over a baked potato.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 14.7g
Saturated Fat: 7.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 24.1g
Dietary Fiber: 1.6g
Total Sugars: 1.3g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.