Hallelujah Potato Salad Recipe: Give a Shout Out for This Creamy Southern Potato Salad by 30Seconds Food
One bite of this creamy southern hallelujah potato salad and you'll be going to church! This southern potato salad recipe is packed full of every flavor you can imagine. The main players in this potato salad are potatoes, pimientos, hardboiled eggs, sweet pickles, celery, onion, bell pepper, parsley and jalapenos. The easy dressing is made with mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, olive oil and hot sauce. Sweet, salty, creamy, tart, crunchy and acidic? Yep, it hits on all the important flavors and textures.
If you're wondering where this southern recipe came from, according to Southern Living magazine, the bragging rights go to Blair Hobbs from Oxford, Mississippi. The recipe was printed in The Southern Foodways Alliance Community Cookbook.
There are some variations of this side dish recipe. Some use celery salt and others use vinegar instead of lemon juice. Play around with the easy recipe until it fits your family's unique tastes. Serve this potato salad with chicken, pork or beef. It's perfect for potlucks and cookouts. Can we get a hallelujah?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 jar (4 ounces) pimientos, drained
- 4 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 jalapenos, minced (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- hot sauce, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well and put into a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, pimientos, pickles, celery, onion, bell pepper, parsley and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, olive oil and hot sauce. Stir into the potato mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pimientos $2 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Yellow Mustard $2 & Up
Hot Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.