Best Blueberry Bread Pudding Recipe: How Can a Dessert Recipe Be So Simple? by Ann Marie Patitucci
Have you ever eaten something that tastes like it must have taken great skill and lots of time to make and then you’re shocked to find out that that’s not the case? That’s exactly how I feel about this blueberry bread pudding recipe! There’s nothing difficult about it, no tricks or special talents needed. It just happens to be an easy bread pudding recipe that tastes amazing. Trust me, you will impress with this dessert recipe.
I think blueberries work perfectly here, with their perfect balance of sweet and tart. That said, if you’re not a big fan of blueberries, you could substitute them with just about any fruit. I think blackberries or raspberries would be especially good.
Be sure to use a good loaf of bread that’s both dry and stale but not too hard. And use quality white chocolate chips because they really make a difference in the taste. Serve this easy blueberry bread pudding with vanilla ice cream.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 to 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups fresh (preferred) or frozen blueberries
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white chocolate chips
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
Here's how to make it:
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in blueberries and white chocolate chips.
- Stir in bread cubes. Set aside until bread is softened, about 15 minutes. Pour the mixture into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven, uncovered, until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes (if you feel the bread pudding is browning too quickly cover loosely with foil). Let the bread pudding stand 5 minutes before serving.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
White Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.