Grandma's Old-fashioned Creamy Baked Vanilla Rice Pudding Recipe With Cinnamon & Raisins by 30Seconds Food
Rice pudding in an old-fashioned recipe that's eaten all over the world. Rice pudding is made with rice, some type of cream, eggs, sugar, spices, vanilla and raisins. This easy baked rice pudding recipe with cinnamon and raisins is super simple to make and may take you back to simpler days. (Grandma would love this recipe!)
Be sure not to overcook the rice. It's actually better to undercook the rice for this dessert recipe. You could get creative with this recipe by adding other dried fruit like apples, cranberries, blueberries, cherries or dates. Serve this creamy rice pudding for dessert or for breakfast. Why not? Serve the rice pudding at room temperature. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes (ovens vary)
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 4 cups half and half
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the half and half, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in a bowl. Mix well.
- Gently stir in the rice and raisins.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased casserole dish or 9x9-inch baking pan. Smooth the top. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until sides are set but center still slightly jiggles. Remove and let the pudding sit for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Casserole Dishes $8 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Raisins $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.