Mediterranean Diet Plan Recipes: Boiled Shrimp Recipe With Creamy Greek Dipping Sauce by 30Seconds Food
Eating a Mediterranean diet is all the rage. The healthy way of eating was even named the best diet plan for 2022. Seafood is a big part of that diet plan, especially fish and shrimp. We have a fun, healthy Mediterranean recipe to add to your recipe rotation!
This easy boiled shrimp recipe with a creamy yogurt-based dipping sauce can be served as a light dinner with a salad, for lunch or as a healthy appetizer. The shrimp are cleaned then simply boiled with lemon until opaque. The Greek dipping sauce is made with yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, herbs and cucumber. Think tzatziki.
Store the Greek dipping sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to seven days. The leftover sauce is delicious on grilled chicken or salmon, or used as a dip for fresh vegetables.
Cuisine: American / Mediterranean
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 - 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined (tail on or off)
- 1 lemon, cut in half
Greek Dipping Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 small seedless cucumber, grated (squeeze out excess water with paper towels)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill or parsley (or a combination)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the lemon into a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook until cooked through, about 2 to 4 minutes depending on the size. Remove to an ice bath to cool.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve the cold shrimp with the sauce.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Shrimp Deveiners $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.