Mediterranean Boiled Shrimp Recipe With Creamy Greek Sauce by 30Seconds Food
Eating a Mediterranean diet is all the rage. The healthy way of eating was even named the best diet plan for 2022. Seafood is a big part of that diet plan, especially fish and shrimp. We have a fun, healthy Mediterranean recipe to add to your recipe rotation!
This easy boiled shrimp recipe with a creamy yogurt-based dipping sauce can be served as a light dinner with a salad, for lunch or as a healthy appetizer. The shrimp are cleaned then simply boiled with lemon until opaque. The Greek dipping sauce is made with yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, herbs and cucumber. Think tzatziki.
Store the Greek dipping sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to seven days. The leftover sauce is delicious on grilled chicken or salmon, or used as a dip for fresh vegetables.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: American / Mediterranean
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 - 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined (tail on or off)
- 1 lemon, cut in half
Greek Dipping Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 small seedless cucumber, grated (squeeze out excess water with paper towels)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill or parsley (or a combination)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the lemon into a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook until cooked through, about 2 to 4 minutes depending on the size. Remove to an ice bath to cool.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve the cold shrimp with the sauce.
Not sure to how clean shrimp? It's easy!
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water.
- If you bought shrimp with heads on, carefully remove the head (some recipes do call for shrimp with heads on).
- Carefully remove the legs.
- Remove the shell.
- You can remove the tail now or leave it on. That is based on personal preference and the recipe you are making.
- Carefully run a sharp knife just on the surface of the back and rinse out the vein.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 6.8g
Saturated Fat: 2.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 14.7g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8g
Total Sugars: 8.1g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.