Apple-Glazed Ground Beef Meatballs Recipe Will Be the Opal of Your Eye by Opal Apples
Meatballs are usually a family-pleasing dinner – and ground beef is an inexpensive ingredient that helps stretch the budget. This easy apple-glazed meatball recipe has simple, pantry ingredients: panko, an egg, an apple, ginger, olive oil, garlic, apple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch. The meatballs are cooked in a skillet and then introduced to the sweet and savory sauce. It's a palate-pleasing dinner!
Serve these easy ground beef meatballs with a fresh vegetable, grain and salad. Rice or potatoes would be a nice bed to pile these meatballs on. These glazed meatballs would also make a tasty appetizer served with toothpicks.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Opal Apple, grated
- 1 cup panko
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- green onions, sliced, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, apple, panko, egg, ginger and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix with your hands and shape them into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a saucepan. Cook the meatballs until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, combine the apple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch. Whisk until smooth. Bring the sauce to a low boil and cook until thick. Return the meatballs to the saucepan to heat through and coat evenly with sauce. Sprinkle the green onions.
Photos: Opal Apples
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.