Bread In a Bag Recipe: Homemade White Bread That's Fun to Make by Donna John
Baking homemade bread is one thing that's on my list to master. While I love cooking, baking tends to stress me out a little. If you're like me, you are going to adore this fun bread in a bag recipe. All the ingredients – flour, sugar, yeast, warm, oil and salt – are put into a plastic food store bag and squished with your hands. (Thinking about your play dough days, aren't you?) The dough is then kneaded, put into loaf pans and baked until golden brown.
This is a fun cooking activity to do with the kids. Let them squish the ingredients for this homemade bread together, knead and then bake the bread. They'll love building a sandwich out of bread they've made themselves.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours (approximately)
Servings: 12 (makes 2 mini loaves or 1 full-size loaf)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (divided)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 envelope (.25 ounces) rapid rise yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Loaf Pans
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Food Storage Bags
- Airtight Containers
- You can make one full-size loaf of white sandwich bread out of this recipe or two mini loaves.
- Store any leftover bread in an airtight container.
Here's how to make it:
- Put 1 cup of flour, sugar, yeast and warm water into a plastic zipper bag. Squeeze out the air and seal. Using your hands, squish the ingredients together until well combined. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Open the bag and add 1 more cup of flour, the olive oil and salt. Seal bag and squish again to combine.
- Open the bag and add the remaining 1 cup of flour. Squish to combine. Remove the dough to a floured surface.
- Knead the dough for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth.
- Divide the dough in half if making two mini loaves. Put the dough into two greased mini loaf pans. To make a full-size loaf, put the entire amount of dough into a large greased loaf pan. Cover and let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes for mini loaves or 40 minutes for large loaf, or until golden.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.8g
Saturated Fat: 0.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 27.1g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 3.1g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.