Barbara Walters’ Scrambled Eggs Recipe: The Legend Could Cook, Too by Ann Marie Patitucci
My family loves breakfast foods, including but not limited to pancakes, waffles, bacon, sausage, hash browns and eggs. I am more of a cereal or yogurt for breakfast person, but I do like eggs. Because it’s hard to find a meal that every one in our family likes, we often have breakfast for dinner, or “brinner,” which is always a safe bet. It’s also quick and easy to both make and cleanup, making it perfect for a busy weeknight.
We typically include eggs, toast, sausage or bacon and hash browns. Scrambled eggs are among the easiest things to cook, so my husband and I have been cooking them for many, many years. As a result, we’ve used the same simple scrambled eggs recipe for ages and were ready for a change.
This is Barbara Walters’ scrambled egg recipe (yes, she was a good cook, too!). I’ve only modified it slightly. A few key ingredients in her recipe take the simple breakfast dish up a notch. Scrambled eggs are easy to customize, so it’s easy to add or substitute ingredients, such as tomatoes or mushrooms. That said, I think the breakfast recipe is perfect just as it is.
Rest in peace, Ms. Walters.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons cubed or shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- black pepper, to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, chives and cheese. Beat ingredients together with a fork (or whisk) and set aside.
- Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet until melted. Add egg mixture. Using a spatula, gently pull the eggs from the sides of the skillet, toward the center to form a mound.
- As the eggs start to set, stir them gently until fluffy curds form, about 2 minutes or your desired consistency. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.