Quick & Easy Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe With Bacon by 30Seconds Food
Nothing warms you up on a cold winter's day like soup, chili, stew or chowder. This creamy chicken corn chowder recipe has a short ingredient list and cooks in 30 minutes. With bacon, onion, celery, garlic, thyme, potatoes, corn and chicken breast, this hearty chowder is perfect for lazy weekends or busy weeknights.
Serve this quick and easy chowder recipe with grated cheese, chopped green onions and bacon, of course, on top. Ladle the chicken chowder into a bowl and enjoy, or serve with a fresh garden salad or hot crusty bread for lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 small potatoes, diced
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup heavy cream, half and half or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the bacon in a large soup pot until crispy. Remove the bacon to a paper towel to drain, for serving.
- Add the onion and celery. Cook until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the broth and stir up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the potatoes, corn and chicken breasts. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken, shred and return to pot.
- Whisk together the cream and cornstarch in a small bowl. Pour it into the soup and heat through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with bacon on top.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.