Catskills Meatloaf Recipe: A Diner-Style Ground Beef Meatloaf Worth Trying by 30Seconds Food
Meatloaf is a beloved comfort food in almost all areas of the United States. In the Catskills, they love a southern-style basic meatloaf and enjoy it with mashed potatoes (not so far off from the rest of the U.S.!). This easy meatloaf recipe has simple, basic ingredients (nothing fancy): ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, milk, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
The Catskill Mountains are in southeastern New York State. The area is rich in wildlife, hiking trails and ski resorts. If you can't visit this area soon, at least you can eat one of their local delicacies! Serve this New York meatloaf recipe with mashed potatoes like the locals do. You could also add a fresh vegetable and a salad for a complete meal. Slice the leftover meatloaf and make meatloaf sandwiches or meatloaf burgers.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Use ground turkey instead of ground beef for a lighter meatloaf.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the meatloaf ingredients in a bowl. Mix until well combined (your hands work best). Put the mixture into a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine all the topping ingredients. Pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake the meatloaf in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour or until cooked through. Let the meatloaf rest about 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.