Chocolate-Dipped Turkish Coffee Shortbread Cookie Recipe Is Heavenly by Susan Evind
Turkish coffee shortbread cookies are buttery and delicious with a striking flavor combination of strong coffee and warm cardamom. Dipped in a yummy chocolate sauce, these shortbread cookies are to be relished and shared – especially during the holiday season!
This easy chocolate-dipped Turkish shortbread cookie batter is made with butter, sugar, flour, coffee and cardamom. The tender cookies are dipped into a simple two-ingredient chocolate sauce. The result is out of this world! If you make these cardamom and coffee cookies a few days ahead of time, keep stored in a tin or airtight container.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 48 cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely ground coffee, espresso or French roast (use less for a more subtle effect)
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom (use less for a more subtle effect)
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (or bar chocolate, cut in small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Here's how to make it:
- Put the butter, granulated sugar and salt into the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix until just combined (it doesn't have to be completely smooth).
- Mix in the flour, coffee and cardamom until the dough just comes together. Pull the dough together with your hands and set on a floured surface. Roll out to about 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut out the cookies using your preferred cookie cutter (I used a 2-inch round cookie cutter). Transfer the cookies to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
- To make the chocolate coating, put the chocolate and vegetable oil in a small glass measuring cup and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir until melted. (I use a double boiler because you can control blending the chocolate with the oil, and also you can sprinkle in fine powdered sugar just to sweeten it a bit.)
- Dip half of each cooled cookie in the chocolate. Let the excess drip off. Set the cookies down on parchment paper to harden.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.