Overnight Cheesy Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe Makes Christmas Morning Less Hectic by Ann Marie Patitucci
Christmas week is especially hectic, and let’s face it, moms and dads are the real Christmas magic (and it’s exhausting!). Here’s a way to make your life a little easier. Throw this breakfast casserole together the day before Christmas and then pop it in the oven on Christmas morning. While it bakes the kids can open their gifts. By the time they’re done putting together/playing with/reading their favorite gift, this cheesy sausage breakfast casserole will be ready to eat!
This easy baked breakfast casserole recipe is perfect during a hectic week, but I especially appreciate these types of recipes if I’m hosting on Christmas or traveling. I think you will, too. They’re also great for a potluck Christmas brunch, which we’ve been to with neighbors a couple of times. If you have any leftovers (which is pretty doubtful!), you can store theme in the fridge for up to five days. When you’re ready, just reheat in the oven or microwave or oven until warmed all the way through.
Prep Time: 8 to 24 hours
Cook Time: 75 to 90 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours plus 8 to 24 hours
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound ground pork sausage, crumbled (or ground turkey, beef or chicken)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1.2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 6 slices white bread, toasted and cut into cubes
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook the sausage over medium heat until evenly brown. Drain.
- In a bowl, mix together mustard powder, salt, milk and eggs. Add the sausage, bread cubes and cheese. Stir. Once everything is coated evenly, pour into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Cover dish and chill in the refrigerator overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover dish and bake 45 to 60 minutes. Uncover and reduce temperature to 325 degrees F. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until set.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Ground Mustard $3 & Up
Breakfast Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.